Which of the following branches of philosophy most appeal to YOU?
- metaphysics: What is the nature of reality?
- epistemology: How do we know?
- ethics: What is good or right?
- aesthetics: What is beauty?
- logic: What makes a good argument?
- philosophy of science
- political philosophy
- applied philosophy
Check out some of the resources below to learn more!
Philosophy = thinking about the “Big Questions” in life, such as:
- What can actually be known for certain?
- What is the nature of reality?
- What is everything made of?
- Do we have free will?
- What is the meaning of life?
- Is there any such thing as right and wrong?
- What is time? Is it constant?
- What is love? freedom? beauty?
- Is there a God?
- Is there life after death?
- Can machines think? Do animals feel?
- What is a good life? What is happiness?
The fun of philosophy is THINKING, and discussing your thoughts with others.
Since most philosophical questions cannot be answered with any real certainty, they are open to debate. This makes them excellent fodder for anyone who enjoys a good mental challenge or a lively oral debate.
Reading the arguments presented by philosophers from ancient Greece to the current decade can be both enlightening and entertaining.
Philosophy for Kids
Cartoon Intro to Philosophy
How Philosophy Works
Fave Videos & Movies
Science Fiction as Philosophy
What is Philosophy? video
Big Questions of Philosophy