- We may all have others whom we WISH would stop doing something, or start doing something else.
- We helplessly watch them flounder, seeming to never learn that their own behavior is the cause of their current situation.
- If we dare, we might speak out, tenderly sharing what we can see from our vantage point of being OUTSIDE the problem. Yet often our warnings seem to go unheard, unacknowledged.
- If we are more controlling, we might nag and nag about the issue until our loved one hides themself away in self-defense. NO ONE wants to be told that what they are doing is WRONG, and we actually CLOSE THE DOOR to inspiring change when we repeat our well-intentioned warnings.
- But what to do? Typically we cannot stop CARING or LOVING or even NEEDING this person. Yet we cannot change their behavior, no matter how hard we try. It’s a draining and often painful predicament. But what CAN we do?
What this course covers:
HOW what we do makes it HARDER for others to change
Understanding the TRUTH about change in others
Determining what you CAN change
Ideas for dealing with dependent-others
How to BE an Inspiration for change!
Besides information & encouragement, this course offers you activities for reflection and insight, specific actionable tasks, and mindsets to nurture within yourself.